Maxim Kulkov to speak at C5’s 7th Annual International Disputes & Asset Recovery Involving Russian & CIS Parties Conference
KK&P’s Managing Partner Maxim Kulkov will be speaking in two conference sessions on 30 January.
Maxim’s first speaking engagement at the conference will be during the ‘Investor Claims Involving Russian & CIS Corporate Entities and States’ session (10 – 11 a.m.), where he will discuss what kind of state assets an arbitral award can be enforced against, i.e., assets of state controlled companies, property used partly for a commercial activity, etc. The session will also feature Maria Kostytska, a partner at Winston & Strawn LLP, the law firm with which KK&P is representing Ukraine’s interests in an investment dispute initiated by Tatneft.
Later on, from 5 to 6 p.m., Maxim Kulkov will moderate the ‘DEBATE: Co-operation of Lawyers from Different Jurisdictions on Cross-border Cases’ session. In this session, delegates will discuss:
- Structuring relations between a client and different teams of lawyers (direct contract, sub-hiring, agency, referrals, etc.)
- Distribution of liability towards the client between different teams of lawyers
- Maintaining a network of ‘best friends’, ‘preferred firms’, etc.
- Membership of associations of law firms
- Other sources to use to find the right firm in a foreign jurisdiction
- Management of a Russia/CIS-specific case
- Co-operation with non-legal or non-commercial law teams (auditors, investigators, criminal lawyers, forensic teams, etc.)
In order to attend the conference (30–31 January, London) please register at https://www.c5-online.com/international-disputes-asset-recovery-involving-russian-cis-parties/pricing/.