KK&P Trial Lawyers announces the establishment of a separate Sanctions Practice
In 2022, KK&P Trial Lawyers began to develop its Sanctions Practice as part of the comprehensive assistance it provides to business.
Having accumulated extensive experience in handling complex projects in the context of the acute sanctions agenda, the firm decided to further improve its services by transferring the following services into an independent practice:
- defending clients in disputes concerning an inability to fulfil contracts or conduct business due to sanctions
- compliance audits of counterparties and certain activities, given the growing risk of persons being included in sanctions lists or indirectly affected by sanctions
- development and implementation of a business strategy in view of sanctions together with the Corporate and M&A Practice team
The correctness and timeliness of this decision is confirmed by the outstanding results of the firm’s team in authoritative legal market directories:
- Russia’s largest legal market directory, Pravo-300, ranked KK&P in Band I for Sanctions Law, placing the firm among the top eight Russian firms in this practice
- According to the results of the Leaders of Legal Services Market research by Kommersant Publishing House, the firm became one of the fifteen leaders in Sanctions Law
- The firm became one of the three leaders for Economic Sanctions, according to the RAA.Guide
The firm has more than 20 sanctions projects worth a total of appr. $17bn, some of which have set trends for sanctions and anti-sanctions laws.