Maxim Kulkov addressed the XIII ICC Russia Annual International Conference Russia as a Place for Dispute Resolution: A New Era of International Arbitration
On 2 December, KK&P Managing Partner Maxim Kulkov moderated the What is Special about the Resolution of Disputes Arising from Large Infrastructure Projects? session, which was dedicated to the specifics of resolving disputes related to large infrastructure projects.
During the discussion, the participants considered the following issues:
- choosing the place of arbitration and arbitration institutions;
- the importance of ICC decisions for infrastructure and construction-related disputes;
- protection of Russian investments in modern infrastructure projects;
- four generations of Chinese International Investment Treaties and potential reform of the global investment arbitration regime; and
- contractual and procedural tools for improving the efficiency of disputes.
The other participants were Emmanuel Jacomy (Shearman & Sterling), Fedor Belykh (Latham & Watkins), Evgeny Raschevsky (EPAM) and Dmitry Kaysin (Rybalkin, Gortsunyan & Partners).
The ICC International Arbitration Conference is traditionally held with the support of the ICC International Court of Arbitration.
The event aims to promote the development of arbitration proceedings and international commercial arbitration in Russia and the CIS countries, popularise Russia as a place for dispute resolution, and promote Russian arbitrators at the national and international level.