Chambers Europe 2021 has recognised KK&P as one of the top three Russian law firms handling commercial and insolvency disputes in Russia and abroad
KK&P has maintained its leading positions in the firm’s core practices in the Chambers Europe directory:
- Dispute Resolution: International: one of the two best Russian law firms;
- Dispute Resolution: Domestic High-End: one of the three best Russian law firms;
- Restructuring/Insolvency: Litigation: one of the three best Russian law firms.
The ranking states that the firm is a prominent disputes boutique regularly representing domestic and international financial institutions as well as corporate clients in domestic disputes. Debt recovery, bankruptcy and liability disputes are all active areas of experience. Additionally, the lawyers often act as Russian law experts on international arbitration cases. Also, acts as counsel in international arbitration cases. Further assists with cross-border litigation and enforcement proceedings. Active in financial services and manufacturing, as well as the oil and gas industry.
According to Chambers Europe 2021, a source says the lawyers are “client-oriented and focused on results,” before adding: “I believe KK&P achieved the best possible results.”
Clients highlight the team’s performance in court, one remarking that “they have a strong preparation in court hearings,” and adding: “They represent the interest of our company as if they are part of it.”
All the firm’s partners are ranked in Chambers Europe 2021:
- Maxim Kulkov is one of the strongest Russian litigators acknowledged for his marked skill in complex Russian commercial disputes. Sources confirm: “He is very persuasive in court.” Clients further praise his in-depth knowledge of Russian business practice and clear and logical reasoning. He is also held in high regard by commentators for his extensive experience in providing domestic law expert advice in international arbitration cases. Maxim is ranked among the best Russian lawyers in individual lawyer rankings in categories such as Dispute Resolution: Domestic High-End (a Top-4 Lawyer) and Dispute Resolution: International (a Top-10 Lawyer).
- Oleg Kolotilov “constantly offered different ideas in defence of our position,” a client says, adding: “He has a deep knowledge of the legislation and can motivate the client not to give up.” Another client adds: “He has a structured, detailed approach.” Oleg is ranked in Dispute Resolution: Domestic High-End.
- Nikolay Pokryshkin acts on a broad range of commercial litigation matters and bankruptcy cases. Nikolay is ranked in Dispute Resolution: Domestic High-End.
Chambers Europe is an annual analytical study by Chambers and Partners that ranks the top lawyers and law firms in over 52 jurisdictions across the world based on client surveys, project evaluations, and feedback from other market participants.